Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Evolution of Static Electricity

I was recently invited to attend a show at The House of Blues Sunset Strip, to watch My Evolution perform featuring Wayne Static(of Static X) on guest vocals.
Now I had listened to the first My Evolution CD and had seen some of the clips on their website, but I truly had no idea how magnetic this band was until I saw them perform live.
Each band member brings energy and synergy to the stage and when you combine the music, the personalities, the lights, and the audience together you have one KICK ASS rock-n-roll vibe.
Take a peek at the video clip below to see for yourself...
To hear more from My Evolution visit their official website at
http://www.myevolutionmusic.com
or their MySpace page at
http://www.myspace.com/myevolution

6 comments:

Kate Garchinsky said...

Aww, poor boys, what are they so angry about? Their energy is really evident in the live performance. It's also pretty interesting to hear the difference between the speaking and "singing" voices...

I prefer "intoxicated" but that's just me. ;)

Stacey Soleil said...

Very interesting...
I think the guys will appreciate that input since they have decided to put it on the upcoming album.

Well Burgos, guess Micah was right when he said "Chicks will LOVE it", hahaha.

Thanks for commenting Kate!

Anonymous said...

Is that really wayne static???

Anonymous said...

Lead singer has a killer voice. Why does he look familiar? Who else has he sang with?
When is their next show?

Anonymous said...

Is this band going on tour with Static X this year?
I can't wait until X comes to our town and it would be cool to see this band too.
Do you know?

Stacey Soleil said...

Hi all!
Thanks for your questions and comments.
Let me see if I can answer them all...

1.) Yes, that IS Wayne Static of StaticX performing with the band.

2.) The lead singer (David Burgos) used to sing with a Chicago based band called Garbo Swag, before moving to Los Angeles and joining My Evolution. (check out this link to read a review on Garbo Swag http://www.chicagogigs.com/reviews/garbo_swag.htm)

3.) The band will be playing the famous Key Club on March 2nd, opening for Steel Panther, and special guest Dan Nelson of Anthrax will be joining the band on a couple of songs.
If you are in the Los Angeles area please come out and join us!

4.) From what I understand the band is currently undergoing negotiations to join StaticX on their upcoming tour. As soon as I get any confirmation of this fact I will be sure to post it to keep you in the loop.

Thanks again for all of the enthusiasm, and please keep checking back to see what happens next...

-XO
Stacey