Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cassette Tapes Making A Comeback?!?!

/


Since the 80's are back and more in our face than ever, I starting thinking about the days of good ole cassette tapes. Are any of you old enough to remember those bad boys? I am, in fact, I remember having to untwist the tape when it would get jammed in my player, and then I would attempt to roll it back up so that my favorite Michael Jackson song would play. Uh huh, I totally got "Thriller" on cassette AND LP back in the day. Do the math. ;)

These days, I am looking at my massive pile of CD's and I keep thinking "What a waste of space!" I mean really...Every time I get a new CD I automatically upload it to my iTunes, and from that moment forward the CD just sits there collecting dust and wasting my precious space. Yet I have this hang up with getting rid of them. What if my computer crashes? Ummm duh, you back it up! What if my back up crashes? 0_o (I can go on for hours) So needless to say, regardless of how useless my stash of CD's truly are, here I am, still staring at them. (Can you say OCD?!)

I think someone should create digitized cassette tapes that play in vintage looking "walkmen". I mean since 80's retro is so hot right now, why not create a novelty item for all the cute little flashback 80's boys and girls running around in their flannel shirts, neon glasses and spandex pants. They would "Totally Freak".

Just a thought...have at it developers ;)

 

Posted via email from staceysoleil's posterous

No comments: