Sunday, December 13, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas

Originally we had planned on getting our tree last Friday since my parents were in town visiting, but due to an unfortunate incident (Ahem, a deadly shooting...)  we were prevented from making that come to fruition until just today. You can watch video footage about the shooting here: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7166906
We were actually THERE when the shooting occurred, but were fortunately out of the line of fire since I decided to stop for a cup of tea at Kelly's prior to parking our car by the tree lot. The shooting occurred EXACTLY where I always park to pick up my tree...INSANE! I must say that I am NOT a big fan of Wal-Mart to begin with and I thankfully only find myself there once a year  since you can get a HUGE tree for $30 bucks there...which in SoCal is amazing!

But seriously, talk about DRAMA...a deadly shooting? Really? Ugh. :/

Our tree pickup was delayed by yet another day due to the ridiculous rainstorm we experienced yesterday http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-storm13-2009dec13,0,2513247.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Flocal+%28L.A.+Times+-+California+|+Local+News%29, but thankfully today we had clear skies and cool weather, so we went back and picked up our coveted tree.

Nothing quite like a SoCal Christmas, huh?

12 Days of Christmas (Final Verse)

  • On the twelfth day of Christmas,
  • my true love sent to me
  • Twelve drummers drumming,
  • Eleven pipers piping,
  • Ten lords a-leaping,
  • Nine ladies dancing,
  • Eight maids a-milking,
  • Seven swans a-swimming,
  • Six geese a-laying,
  • Five golden rings,
  • Four calling birds,
  • Three French hens,
  • Two turtle doves,
  • And a partridge in a pear tree.

Posted via email from staceysoleil's posterous

No comments: