Wednesday, February 18, 2009

10 Reasons You Should Subscribe to My Blogs...















(1.) I am pretty damn outspoken and not afraid to share my sometimes twisted views- lol
For instance...Can I tell you guys that I am so friggen glad that I am no longer stuck in the whole neatly packaged suburbia, cookie cutter lifestyle, where every single Mom looks the same...you know, either they are frumpy as hell, or a fusion blend of "Cookie Lee" meets the Stepford Wife clones-ugh!
(NO THANK YOU!!! I think I would rather join a nudist colony...hahaha KIDDING that is just gross actually!!!)

(2.) I love my unique sense of style and I will always unapologetically march to a "rhythm" of my own as both an individual and as a single Mom!
And NO I am NOT a Femme-Nazi, I just have my own ways of doing things, that's all!

(3.) I have learned the hard way that putting all of your time and energy into one specific area of your life is a sure fire way to destroy that very part of your life, as well as all of the other neglected parts as well.

(4.) I have found that I am actually quite a force to be reckoned with once I realize (which sometimes can take a while for me to figure out...) that someone or something is trying to gain some sort of unhealthy control over me...But know this, I will bite back and fight to protect my dignity & self respect!

(5.) So what if I am not the world's greatest cook...I can read directions on a box , make a mean salad and know the guidelines of the Food Pyramid, so as long as the kids and I are getting what we need...it's all good right?
Besides, being a crappy cook makes you appreciate being wined and dined THAT MUCH MORE ...hahaha! :)

(6.) The people we should consider to be our family aren't always going to be of our own"flesh and blood". In fact, sometimes the people we should consider our REAL family are those people that love, encourage, respect, understand and unequivocally accept us exactly as we are without any judgement or preset conditions. Not to mention all of the hugs and admiration some of the young ones offer up to those of us that they look up to and admire.
Ironically even our own "flesh and blood" can turn their backs on us and never look back...so that right there tells you that DNA doesn't guarantee you unconditional love or commitment!
But GENUINE love can...that is, if you can see it when it is right in front of you.

(7.) Rearranging my apartment has a magical affect on my wellbeing...So does IKEA :)

(8.) I don't care how unhealthy inscense may be...it still friggen ROCKS and makes me feel all Zen and shit...so I am going to keep it burning and I will also continue to light enough candles around my place to make the neighbors think I'm a witch or something...hehehehe ;)

(9.) Men and women's razors are still NOT created equally, so until which time I can get a kick ass pink razor that is sharp enough to slit a throat, I am sticking with the "boy toys" to get the best possible shave I can get! Our legs, pits and girlie parts need precision too ... Not just burly, bearded men and stubbley, whiskery boys!

(10.) Never let anyone make you think your inner voice/instincts are crazy or untrue. Usually the emotions or feelings being projected towards us by others tends to speak louder and more clearly than the actual words that would admit the feelings first hand.

*The End* (or *The Beginning*...depending on how you look at things!)

4 comments:

Kate Garchinsky said...

Yay, Stacey has a blog! I am already fascinated. Between the Jonas bros concert and your list of why your blog should be read... my favorite being,

"I don't care how unhealthy inscense may be...it still friggen ROCKS and makes me feel all Zen and shit..."

THAT made me lol (for real). And I needed that.

Those are some priceless pics too.

You officially have a follower. :)

Anonymous said...

"All zen and shit..." CLASSIC!
I think you should coin that phrase ms. soleil.
Can't wait to read your blogs.

The Token Liberal said...

You had me with #6. Allow me to throw out one of my favorite quotes about the subject:

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in eath other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.

And... amen to the incense. If you can find it out there, get Wild Berry brand. It's made in Oxford, Ohio. Good stuff.

Stacey Soleil said...

Thanks guys for leaving me some love and appreciating my nonsensical/whacky sense of humor.

Mucho Amore for you all
xoxo

-Stacey