Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Do Skinny Jeans & Glow Sticks Have In Common?


They were both overwhelmingly present by the THOUSANDS at last nights Jonas Brothers concert, lol...
Now before any of you start in with the wise cracks, I took my 8 year old to her very first stadium concert to see the Jonas Brothers because she is your typical "Tween" that is IN LOVE with this little boy band.
And, 'No' I am not personally a fan of their music, nor do I have a 'thing' for boys THAT young...hahaha


To be honest with you, normally I am not a huge fan of arena shows because it is so impersonal and the acoustics usually suck ass, but last nights show was surprisingly enjoyable.
(Not to mention very EXPENSIVE thank you very much...)
I think what made the show fun was the fact that Disney was shooting the Jonas Brother's third movie at the concert last night, so they gave it their all during the show. The crowd got three HUGE tween favorites all in one concert (one being a special suprise, country starlett Taylor Swift, that performed twice for filming purposes.) The show opened with Demi Lovato (From Disney's Camp Rock) and aside from having a really squeaky live performance voice, she has excellent showmanship on stage.
The Jonas Brothers impressed me with their acrobatic capabilities as they were flipping and tossing one another around the stage...you don't see THAT happen all that often at a concert, lol.


But honestly, my favorite part of the evening was looking over at my daugter and seeing the joy in her eyes as they sang her favorite songs, or when she looked in the binoculars and saw Nick Jonas' face clearly for the first time and SCREAMED, "OH MY GOD, YOU ARE SOOOOO CUTE...I LOVE YOU NICK!!!"
Hahahaha
THAT was priceless.


Of course on the drive home I told my daughter she is too young to like boys or to EVEN dream about boys, so she's not allowed to have any dreams that involve kissing a Jonas Brother, ONLY a handshake will be permitted, lol...
I somehow convinced her that I would find out what she dreams about, hahaha.
It was so cute, before she went to sleep she propped her concert tee shirt up on a pillow next to her so she could see the Jonas Brothers faces, then opened up the official program guide to the page with Nick's picture, and then laid out all of the concert pins in a row at the bottom of the tee shirt.
She literally created her own little Nick Jonas shrine and then drifted off to her fantasy dreamland...


Ahhhh, to be a kid again...the innocense ;)
I won't squash her spirits now, but please remind me to have a talk with her in a few years warning her not to fall in love with boys that play in bands when she is old enough to date...T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
Ay yi yi yi, I can just see it now.
(Ahem, yeah...don't ask me how I know about that one either ;)


Anyways, my final concert review for the show last night is:
"Two high school pep rally, super sized thumbs up"


-Stacey Soleil

3 comments:

The Eparty Network said...

lol, The title hooked me!

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe you were there and I was backstage waiting to be told what materials I needed to pick up for the stagehands or just generally doing nothing as a runner that day. Crazy coincidence.

Stacey Soleil said...

Funny how timing works Spidey... ;)

Thanks for the blog love both of you!!!

-XO
Stacey